Are you ready for the perfect summer popsicle? Toasted coconut paletas by Fany Gerson are so delicious that written word will never do them justice. These sweet and nutty coconut popsicles are the perfect compliment to the refreshing avocado pops we featured a couple weeks ago. Originally, I wanted to try my hand at making coconut ice cream this summer, but after whipping up these easy coconut pops, I’m not sure I want to go any further. The paletas have a delicious creamy consistency so they’re actually more like ice cream than popsicles. If you’re vegan, try these avocado pops, if you’re not, let’s get started 🙂
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can (140z) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 can (13.5oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Baking sheet
- Popsicle molds
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread shredded coconut in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Toast 10-12 minutes, stirring or shaking the pan often to ensure even browning and no burning. Remove from oven, and let cool to room temperature.
- While the coconut is toasting, combine coconut milk, half & half, sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until smooth, add toasted coconut and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Pour into molds (makes 10 pops) and freeze 6+ hours until firm. We like to store our pops in little wax bags for easy access because when you’re hot there’s no time to mess around with a popsicle mold.