I’m not one for getting drunk, but I definitely enjoy my fair share of cocktails. Right now I’m loving this simple and refreshing lemon vodka water. If you like lemon water, you’ll like this. It’s unbelievable how the lemon masks the taste of vodka so well. It’s easy enough to whip up a whole pitcher, so go ahead and try it next time your friends are over. If you’re really in the entertaining spirit, slice up a lemon, put it in a muffin tin, top with water and freeze for cute ice cubes like shown below.
- A pile of lemons (1-2 per drink)
- Vodka (I used this kind)
- Limes (optional)
- Add 2 oz. lemon juice, 2 oz. vodka, 3 oz. cold water
- Stir, add ice, garnish with lemon and lime slice and enjoy
A few notes:
- Always use fresh lemons and limes. It may be tempting to buy lemon or lime juice, but you can really taste the difference in this recipe.
- We had trouble popping our lemon ice cubes out of the muffin tins. If you do too, simply fill your sink with a half inch of warm water and set the muffin tin in it. They should slide out easily after a couple seconds.
- 1 oz. = 2 tbsp (just in case you don’t have a shot glass lying around)
Is there an easier spring cocktail? I really don’t think so. Drink up!