This is just one in a series of essential oil posts. Check out the rest here.
This! This little concoction has made my days in Colorado a little bit better. I suffer from chronic sinus pain and pressure. When I travel to locations that are particularly dry like Colorado, my sinuses swell and create intense pressure in my entire face. I mixed up this invigorating essential oil solution for instant sinus pressure relief. On a daily basis, it basically feels like my head weighs fifty pounds and whichever way I move it I feel the pressure shift and it causes pain and irritation. You know that feeling when your ears pop when you travel up or down in altitude? How about the feeling when you know your ears need to pop, but they won’t? Like your entire head is full of something? That’s what it feels like too. It’s kind of a bummer and it puts me in a bit of a fog. I become irritated easier and instead of enjoying moments of calm, I’m focused on the nagging pain.
Dealing with sinus pressure is really a way of life for me. Sinus pain interrupts my favorite activities like yoga and hiking so I’m always seeking relief. At home, I sleep with a humidifier running. I’m always downing liquids in hopes that I’ll hydrate my system. Anywhere there is steam, you’ll find me standing over it. I’m constantly putting wet washcloths in the microwave and then laying them over my face in hopes of a few minutes relief. Sometimes I even resort to Aleve or some other pain medication. If it’s really bad, I’ll stand under a scalding hot shower until the water runs cold. Even with access to a steam room here in Colorado, I was looking for a quick solution that would be easy and safe for multiple uses throughout the day. I looked in a few homeopathic guides and this invigorating essential oil solution is the best remedy I’ve found for instant sinus pressure relief.
- 5 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 5 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 3 teaspoons Jojoba Oil
- Add all the ingredients together in a small glass vessel like a shot glass.
- Gently stir the oils with a toothpick or chopstick.
- Pour the solution into a dark apothecary bottle (or whatever type of bottle you have on hand) and label the bottle Sinus Pressure Relief. Also write down the ingredients as well as the date it was made.
- To use: put a few drops on your hands and massage onto your forehead, nose, and cheekbones. You could also massage it around your neck and in front of and behind your ears.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
I massage this sinus relieving essential oil solution into my face at least a half dozen times a day, in fact, I’m doing it right now. If it seems a bit crazy to rub oil into your face, you probably don’t suffer from extremely thin, dry skin like myself, but I promise this solution won’t leave your skin feeling greasy. In this recipe we use Jojoba oil as the carrier oil because it has a consistency closest to our natural skin oils.These two little bottles are my everything here in Colorado. I’m constantly drinking something (and if I’m lucky it’s kombucha) and I never go anywhere without this invigorating essential oil solution. Thank the stars for sunshine or I’d certainly be a grumpy bundle of dried out sinus pain here in Colorado.