At the end of each season, we take a look back and highlight our favorite posts. See previous Seasonal Bests here.
Even though it doesn’t feel like spring, we’re happy to turn our sights towards longer days, warmer weather, and a variety of new topics starting with the introduction of our ingredient of the season next week! In the meantime, we hope you enjoy clicking back through our favorite posts of winter. If you had a fave we didn’t mention, we would love to hear in the comments!
Best of Soups & Sides
- Sarah’s pick: I’ve been eating this crab chowder recipe for the past twenty years, but it is still one of my favorite soups of all time.
- Katie’s pick: I never thought of myself as a creamy chicken soup fan, but we were introduced to an amazing version this winter!
Best of Desserts
- Sarah’s pick: I could not stop eating these easy citrus sweets, SO good and I couldn’t stop looking at Kate’s rose petal cake!
- Katie’s pick: Ahhh, there were so many good ones to pick from this season! Ultimately, it came down to a tie between the chocolate cake with coconut buttercream and the rose petal heart and the orange and almond cake.
Best of Drinks
- Sarah’s pick: I’m loving this warm wintery rice milk drink.
- Katie’s pick: Blood orange shrub, all the way.
Best of Crafts
- Sarah’s pick: I have no idea how to knit, but I still love reading Kate’s Project Sweater Updates.
- Katie’s pick: I loved everything about our new Christmas stockings, that they were so easy and fast to make, and that I know they’ll be hanging on our mantel for years to come!… now to think up a forth design for next year.
Best of Potions
- Sarah’s pick: I know this Natural Orange Cleaner isn’t for your skin, but this potion is so cheap and helpful around here!
- Katie’s pick: Lotion bars, as they’ve now become a staple in our dry Colorado climate!
Best of Nature
- Sarah’s pick: I say this with painful pangs of jealousy in my heart: I love reading about Katie’s snowshoeing adventures in the Rocky Mountains.
- Katie’s pick: I (finally) got one of the ENO hammocks for Christmas that the rest of my siblings have been raving about, so Sarah’s tips for winter hammocking really struck a cord.
Best of Travel
- Sarah’s pick: I had so much fun writing this post about How To: Save for Travel and creating a budget and savings plan for my trip to Nepal later this year.
- Katie’s pick: The German Christmas Markets post was such a fun read for me because it took me right back to our trip, and made me wish that I could steal away a week to visit the markets every December!