Mint is our ingredient of the season. We’re cutting mint every day for our afternoon agua fresca and evening drinks, adding some to salads, and even taking it into the shower!
Remember when I promised a use for Tuesday’s leftover watermelon mint salad? Hands up if you guessed mojitos! Today’s drink couldn’t be easier to make (or drink), especially if you have your watermelon cut up into nice little cubes.
Ingredients for One
- ~ 10 mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 lime
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon mint salad
- 1 1/2 ounces rum
- seltzer water
- Place the sugar and mint leaves in the bottom of your glass and muddle them, bruising the mint leaves.
- Squeeze the lime wedge into your glass and include the rind.
- Add the cubed watermelon. Muddle the ingredients again, making sure to fully smash the watermelon (you could also puree the watermelon in a blender).
- Fill your glass about 2/3 full with ice. Add the rum and water.
- Give your glass a good stir and enjoy!
- I reduced the sugar in this mojito because our watermelon was so sweet. Feel free to up it to 1.5 or 2 tablespoons.
- If you want to get fancy, garnish with a watermelon wedge. ooh la la