Today’s the day we close on our house in Colorado! Of course, we’re all kinds of excited. I’ll share more details about the place soon, but really, what makes us so happy is that we see it as the perfect place to stay for a long, long time. As such, we’re planning all sorts of ways to make this place our own, personalizing the house and back yard that we haven’t done before when our home seemed (and was) less permanent. Without neighbors, we’re also excited to play our music loud.
And so, I started a playlist of songs about home, whether it’s the physical space or the feeling of home when you’re with someone special, but I feel like this list is incomplete*. What are your favorite songs about home? Any that aren’t on my list? I would love to know, because this is going to be the soundtrack of our weekend as we pack and unpack boxes.
Welcome Home (that link will take you to the list on Spotify)
- Randy Newman – Feels Like Home
- Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young – Our House
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
- Talking Heads – This Must Be The Place
- Phillip Phillips – Home
- Brandi Carlile – Wherever Is Your Heart
- Josh Ritter – Love Is Making Its Way Back Home
- Simon & Garfunkel – Homeward Bound
- Dixie Chicks – Long Time Gone
- Bruce Springsteen – Thunder Road
there’s no Bruce I added Thunder Road because I love the image of the screen door slamming and the radio playing as the song opens, but it’s a song about running away from all of that. WTF? Can you think of a more fitting one?