If you’re feeling under the weather (like me) or low on time, you should probablyyyy make this easy peasy creamy chicken soup tonight. BTW I came up with the title of the post while I was making the soup and that’s how I had the idea to add the peas, so pun originally not intended 😉 Anyway, this chicken soup is creamy, delicious and so damn easy to make. Why is it so damn easy?! Here’s why: It only takes a handful of ingredients, most of which are probably in your fridge or pantry already. It’s a one pot meal. It all comes together in twenty minutes. No fibbing here!
Creamy Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- two TBSP olive oil OR butter
- one onion, chopped
- two celery stalks, chopped
- three big carrots, chopped
- one cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/3 cup of flour
- three cups chicken broth (or two cups chicken broth and one cup mushroom broth)
- three cups milk
- one cup peas, cooked
- salt, pepper and thyme to taste
Creamy Chicken Soup Instructions:
- Heat olive oil or butter in a big soup pot over medium heat. Toss in the chopped onions, carrots and celery. Sauté until onions are clear and veggies are soft.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix.
- Toss in a third cup of flour. Mix all the ingredients so the flour coats everything.
- Add three cups of broth. I always use bouillon to make a tasty stock, but this time I also added some mushroom broth.
- Add three cups of milk and mix. Watch the soup and stir occasionally. After about five minutes the broth will thicken.
- Add a cup of cooked peas (I used frozen!) and a bunch of salt, pepper and thyme.
Crowd pleaser, am I right? This is the first of many soups of 2015, let’s all hope and pray they are this easy and delicious!