At the end of each season, we take a look back and highlight our favorite posts. See previous Seasonal Bests here.
What an odd winter of posts its been. We would have expected to see quite a few soups and warm comfort foods shared over the winter months, but there’s not a single one! It just goes to show how much our ingredient of the season can dictate the posts we write. This winter it looks like we did nothing but drink and eat tea, in everything from our milkshakes to our cupcakes! And maybe it’s a serious case of cabin fever that had us writing a wider variety of travel posts than we have in previous seasons? Either way, we’re always happy to have this space as a record of every well-lived season.
Best of Desserts
- Katie’s pick : This was a hard decision for me, I loved everything! Since Sarah picked the cupcakes, I’ll just remind you about the delicious Matcha Shake and the hearty Chocolate Chip Cookies with Tahini.
- Sarah’s pick : I loved Kate’s Black Sesame Cupcakes with Matcha Icing.
Best of Drinks
- Katie’s pick: Oh, Garden Gin, you’re so complex.
- Sarah’s pick: Kate’s Kombucha post got me geared up to make a batch.
Best of Tea
- Katie’s pick: I’m a big chai fan, so the Masala Chai it is for me. And in that post, I praised the simplicity of the recipe, but also mentioned that it’s a nice solid foundation for experimentation. Just this week I made a cup of chia with cardamom, cloves, star anise, and fresh ginger. And now I have a new favorite.
- Sarah’s pick: This Rose Tea is so pretty 🙂
Best of Crafts
- Katie’s pick : Floral Lip Balm for the win! And since the balm turned out so nice, I’m excited to experiment with a few other floral potions.
- Sarah’s pick : How to create a care package was not only the most fun post to produce, but I felt so much love and gratitude from the recipients of these brown envelopes.
Best of Health & Beauty
- Katie’s pick : Kristin’s DIY Bath Bombs! I don’t take baths enough, but these awesome balms make me make time for a soak.
- Sarah’s pick : I’m a big fan of the Invigorating Essential Oil Sinus Pressure Relief Rub.
Best How To
- Katie’s pick : The sewing kit for preschoolers was such a simple gift idea, but turned out to be a big hit with everyone. I’m glad I took the time to put it together.
- Sarah’s pick : Everyone needs to know How To: Photograph Pets!
Best of Travel
- Katie’s pick : I really like hearing Sarah’s ideas for Traveler’s Spending the Holidays Abroad.
- Sarah’s pick : Cultivating a Life of Travel is my way of life, so I really enjoyed sharing the ways I try to make globe trotting part of my daily grind.
Best of Yoga
- Katie’s pick : Being that I haven’t been traveling much in the past few years, I do a lot of vicarious travel through Sarah, and I loved hearing every detail about her Rishikul Yoga 200 hour teacher training.
- Sarah’s pick : Reawaken your yoga practice with this Easy Yoga Flow. It’s a perfect way to end a month’s hiatus.